Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bookworm Buzz





Two great books to tell you about. Clementine and the Family Meeting, by Sara Pennypacker, is the latest installment in the Clementine series. I LOVED IT!!! As usual, Clementine has some interesting challenges to face, and she does it with the help of our family. The marvelous adventures of Clementine continue!


Wonderstruck, by Brian Selznick, left me awestruck! I was able to make so many personal connections to this book; I couldn't put it down. The story is told side by side, 50 years apart, and involves the Deaf community. It reminded me so much of my work with American Sign Language and how important the Deaf culture is to American Society. The illustrations are outstanding! The story is so meaningful and I thank Brain Selznick for writing it. Take a minute to check it out! When we viewed the video, the students thought Mr. Selznick looked so young, but I am younger! They couldn't believe it. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment