Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bookworm Buzz-Caldecott Edition

I am making more progress with the Caldecott challenge.  I am pnly posting a few of my reviews here.  If you want to see all of them, just check out my Goodreads gadget.  I have all but 2 books left in the 2000s, and 17 to go from the 1930s and 1940s.  Thanks to my librarian, Jennifer, at the Whitinsville Social Library for helping me get my hands on so many of these books.  She is awesome! Next week I will be joining the Picture Book 10 for 10 cyber community to review 10 picture books.  I am looking forward to writing that post and getting your thoughts on my selections.  Keep Reading!
Prayer for a ChildPrayer for a Child by Rachel Field
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very popular, I'm sure many students have read or own this one!


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
So many fond memories of my grandmother reciting these nursery rhymes to me. This is a classic and should be in every book room in every elementary school. 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Very interesting story, great pictures!

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
More nursery rhymes, not as familiar. Great illustrations.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Ah, the story of the black sheep. The illustrations are wonderful.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book also brought back such fond memories of my grandmother and when she would sing nursery rhymes to me. Someone in her youth took the time to sing them to her and she remembered them so well she passed them on to 12 children and 39 grand children. I am lucky!

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Beautiful pictures, interesting story.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Interesting story, lovely pictures AND the author's name is Lavinia!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Nice story, beautiful pictures.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Amazing pictures and much information about the 16th president. Students will enjoy this book. I had to get it from the archives at one of the public libraries in northern MA. It took about one month to receive and was worth the wait!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book came all the way from the Massachusetts College of Art with a special book strap on it. It was so precious and delicate to hold. I loved the story and the pictures and when it is time to study Canada, I will request this book again. Students will love it!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Love the message, love the pictures!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Loved it. Loved, the message, the connection, the pictures. LOVED IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment