Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

The Woods #1The Woods #1 by James Tynion IV
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVED this comic! My HS friends who are looking for a new comic book series will enjoy this story.  There is at least one character that EVERYONE can connect with and then root for throughout the story.  If you are looking for a fun read (and need a break from all of that AP work! :)) give The Woods a try.  I know that you won't be disappointed.  Go see Ernie at Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham today to pick up your copy!  Enjoy!


View all my reviews

The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble by Frank Cammuso
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the author of The Knights of the Lunch Table, Frank Cammuso introduces readers to Salem Hyde, a young witch, in this graphic novel series.  I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read more of Salem's adventures.  Fans of Babymouse and The Lunch Ladies will enjoy Salem Hyde!


View all my reviews

The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Big Birthday Bash (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #2)The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Big Birthday Bash by Frank Cammuso
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Frank Cammuso, and the second book in the Salem Hyde series was just as enjoyable as the first.  Fans of Babymouse and The Lunch ladies will enjoy this series.  I am going to have to ask Mrs. Richards to add these to her "to buy for Mrs. W's class," list!


View all my reviews

A Boy and a JaguarA Boy and a Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this book.  It has a great lesson and will be an inspiration for some readers.  It has many possibilities as a mentor text across the curriculum.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment