Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

Some BugsSome Bugs by Angela Diterlizzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The illustrations in this book are amazing and will keep readers captivated.  Students will make many connections to the text.  It is also a neat way to introduce students to a "field guide," as this is narrative non fiction written in rhyming verse.  Can't wait to use this as a mentor text across the curriculum.


View all my reviews

Grandpa GreenGrandpa Green by Lane Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Awesome illustrations, many great art connections here.  A good mentor text for writing lessons and discussing point of view.  Let me know what you think!


View all my reviews

Sophie Sleeps OverSophie Sleeps Over by Marisabina Russo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Students will make many connections about the first sleepover and the anxiety that it can create for young people.  An interesting way to talk about friendships and how to solve issues with friends.  The topic could spark a lively debate about friendships. :)


View all my reviews

Hi, Koo!Hi, Koo! by Jon J. Muth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great mentor text for writing Haiku with a twist.  The illustrations are beautiful.  An interesting way to teach the importance of reading the Author's Note, and not skipping it as so many young readers do.  Enjoy!


View all my reviews

The Almost Fearless Hamilton SquidleggerThe Almost Fearless Hamilton Squidlegger by Timothy Basil Ering
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An interesting story about conquering fears.  A great way to practice reading nonsense words and vocabulary.  Students will make connections and practice drawing conclusions.  The illustrations are beautiful!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment