Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

Going PlacesGoing Places by Peter H. Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the message of this book and the endless ways that it can be used as a mentor text across the curriculum!  It is a great addition to my Peter Reynolds collection. Enjoy!


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Beautiful illustrations and a great message.  A mentor text for teaching metaphor and across the curriculum.  Readers of all ages will enjoy this book and teachers will find many ways to use it in writer's and reader's workshop. :)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So many people are talking about this book so I  had to read it.  I resisted the temptation to read the ending, which is something I usually do, and am glad I didn't.  I knew that there would be a twist coming, I just didn't expect the twist that came!  I think this would be a great book to read with a group of my high school friends and really discuss the characters and spiritual elements of the story.  What a conversation we could have!  If any of my HS friends do read it, let me know what you think.  I can't wait to talk about this book with someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment