Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Juciy Nibble

Hi gang!  Tomorrow is the first day of school and I can't wait to meet all of you! I know that you may be a little nervous, but we are going to have a great first day together, I just know it!  When you come into the classroom in the morning, find a desk you like and read the letter on your desk.  We will start to get to know each other right away.  We have P.E. with Mrs. Perry tomorrow, so wear/bring sneakers.  We will have snack around 10:00 and lunch at 1:05.  Try to get some sleep tonight so that you are ready for tomorrow's fun. If you can't sleep, or need something to do, write a paragraph about your weekend.  You can use my paragraph as a mentor text to get you started.  You can dictate to a parent and print it out if you like. You can earn a blue ticket for completing this enrichment activity.  Please share it tomorrow!

On Saturday, as I watched the Berskhire Mountains fade from view and the Catskill Mountains rise to greet me, I knew that this last weekend of summer was going to be one for the memory books!.  I was able to visit my family and spend time with my sister, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins.  I had dinner at The Eveready Diner in Hyde Park, NY and ate very fattening Disco Fries.  I continued my streak as a "claw master," and won 6 prizes from the claw machine at the restaurant!  My 6 year old niece dubbed me "Queen Supreme!" We even managed to sneak in one more trip to Saratoga for the horse races.  Driving home through the Berkshires last night was magnificent, the mountains were majestic and the moon was red! So long summer, so long Berkshires, hello new school year!
Here I am with my mom on my right and all of her sisters.
Mr. Williams with a raspberry shake and tomato soup at the diner.
Children holding my claw "winnings."

Livi with her own ,"real live American Girl Doll."

My brother, doing one of his favorite outdoor activities, gardening.

Saratoga!

My cousin had a picnic table right next to the rail so we could see the horses walk by all day.  FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment