Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bookworm Buzz


The Fourth StallThe Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Luke picked this book out and I admit the flap on the inside jacket piqued my interest, but in the end it was just o.k.  This is for my upper middle school and high school friends, not 4th graders. Mac, the main character, tries to be a good guy, but he basically is a bully, like his arch nemesis, Staples.  I am not a fan of violence, or characters getting beaten up, and there was plenty of this in this book.  Also, it would be VERY DIFFICULT for a student to "run a business," from an abandoned bathroom that they were able to obtain by doing a favor for the school custodian.  I found much of the story to be unbelievable and I couldn't connect to the parents who were extremely naive about their son's behavior and after school activities. I'll have Luke let you know what he thinks after he is finished reading.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment