Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bookworm Buzz

Dear Reader,
What a great week for reading! The weather AND the timing has been perfect! A "just right" book that I have read is Big Nate in a Class by Himself, by Lincoln Pierce. If you are a fan of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you will like this book. Check it out!
On a separate note, I am starting a new gadget called "Books for my Old Friends." This gadget will be a list of books that I have read and enjoyed, or have been recommended to me by former students. The books in this list are meant for students in middle school and high school, and are not "just right," books for fourth graders because of the length, vocabulary or theme. There is so much great literature out there for you when you get older, that this list will be your "Someday" list when you are no longer in fourth grade. I hope that as you get older, you will check back if you ever need a book suggestion. I am using titles instead of authors, as many authors of intermediate and teen literature also write for elementary students and I do want to cause any confusion as to what is "just right" for all of you. Keep me posted as to what you are reading!
Read on, readers!
Love,
Mrs. W

No comments:

Post a Comment