Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bookworm Buzz


Last night, I had the great pleasure of meeting Rebecca Stead, the 2010 Newberry Winner. She read from her book, When You Reach Me, and took questions from the audience for about one hour. She was thoughtful in her responses and very gracious. During the signing, she took time to speak to each person individually and even posed for pictures (that's Liv and Luke with her)! Rebecca Stead is one of the most sincere and delightful children's authors I have ever met. The story is amazing and in my opinion she is most deserving of the Newberry Award.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so cool. There was no need for no school today,but what can we do. Hopefully I will see you thursday.
    -Gracie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gracie! It WAS a lot of fun! It was nice seeing you today, and I will see you tomorrow.
    Love,
    Mrs. Williams

    ReplyDelete