Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bookworm Buzz


Henry Aaron's Dream, by Matt Tavares, tells the story of Hank Aaron with moving pictures and rich text. I LOVED THIS BOOK! I made sure to take my time studying the illustrations because they speak as loud as the words on the page. I would recommend reading this book with a parent because there are two occasions when an offensive word that is sometimes used to refer to African Americans appears in the text. Mrs. Perry and I read both read this book, had a great discussion about the pictures, and how to handle that offensive word when reading this book with children. She told me about how she connected to the pictures, one in particular. Readers talk about their reading. If you read this book, talk to her about it. I know that she would love to talk about reading with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment