Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Juicy Nibble.



Image result for snow day images

Another snow day, can you believe it?  I hope that you are staying safe and warm in your house and that you don't lose power.  It is REALLY SNOWING HARD outside my house right now and I HOPE I don't lose power like I did on Friday. 

Today is Chinese New Year!  It is the year of the monkey.    Happy New Year to everyone who celebrates Chinese New Year!

Our social studies test will now be on Wednesday.  We will play Ring that Bell tomorrow to prepare.  Click this link to play an online game about the states and capitals in the Northeast, it is a good way to study.  Thanks to everyone who has completed the survey so far.  If you haven't had a chance yet, click here to complete the survey.  
Send me pictures of your snow day fun and don't forget to read.  I am reading Crenshaw, by Katherine Applegate.  Here is a book trailer about the story.  I will share it with you when I am done.
I have told you how much I love baseball AND Kadir Nelson, the illustrator. This video shows Kadir Nelson reading from the book Testing the Ice by Sharon Robinson, Jackie Robinson's daughter.  Mrs. Richards has this book in her room.  Let me know if you want to borrow it to learn more about Jackie Robinson and how the title Testing the Ice, is a metaphor for Jackie Robinson's life.
I hope to see you tomorrow!
Mrs. Williams
Today is Chinese New Year!  It is the year of the monkey.  

1 comment: