Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Bookworm Buzz

FrankencrayonFrankencrayon by Michael Hall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just for fun!!! We all know what happens to a book when it gets scribbled on and what happens when someone tries to fix it. A great companion to Red, by Michael Hall. I really liked this book, great lesson for little ones.


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love baseball books AND Sharon Robinson books and this true story did not disappoint. Check this one out from the library!

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I did like this book. Jon Klassen's illustrations are wonderful! There are many questions that middle grade readers will have and some heavy topics to be considered; war, death of a parent, PTSD, running away, neglectful parenting, and loss of a pet, to name a few. I have reservations about sharing this book with readers younger than 12, even strong readers, as the themes are intense. I would recommend that a parent co-read this book with their child, regardless of age, in order to address the questions that will inevitably arise.


No comments:

Post a Comment