Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

Bookworm Buzz

10 days of summer vacation gone and here is my latest installment in the #bookaday challenge!  16 books read, so I am ahead of schedule. How is your reading going?  Leave me a comment and let me know. :)  I am off to the library to return some books and check out books that I have on hold.  Check back soon for another update!

The Night WorldThe Night World by Mordicai Gerstein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the transformation from night to dawn.  The author's note at the back of the book will be helpful to younger readers.


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4th graders will love this book by CeCe Bell as it will have them laughing out loud!  A fun way to add literature into a grammar lesson.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
An interesting introduction to saving money.  A good mentor text for writer's workshop.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Just for fun!  I will definitely add this one to my "read alouds for the first week," list.  I laughed out loud and who doesn't like to laugh?

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
A cute story about sharing and getting along. 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great non fiction introduction to birds and birding.  Mrs. Richards will need to get this one for the bookroom!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A rhyming book about birds and families.  I love the non fiction at the end of the book and this would be a great introduction to bird watching for younger children.  Mrs. Richards will have to add this one to the book room too!

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Easy to read. A good way to introduce chapter writing in a graphic novel for young writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment