Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Bookworm Buzz

Here are my latest updates from Goodreads on the books that I have been reading so far this summer for the #bookaday challenge.  30 days of summer vacation are gone and I have read 50 books so far.  With 65 days of summer vacation, can you figure out how many books I have to read in order to meet the #bookaday challenge?  Send me a comment and let me know the answer.  Don't forget to include a label!
Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: The Underground Abductor (An Abolitionist Tale about Harriet Tubman)Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: The Underground Abductor by Nathan Hale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A great way to tell the story of Harriet Tubman.  4th graders will love the format and the story!


View all my reviews

Flowers Are CallingFlowers Are Calling by Rita Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful illustrations in this picture book about flowers. Rhyme is mixed in with non fiction which will appeal to many readers.


View all my reviews
The FlyThe Fly by Petr Horáček
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great book to add to the launch of reader's workshop at the beginning of the year. Would be a welcome addition to k-2 classroom libraries.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I loved the illustrations and the message.  Can't wait to use this one. :)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great book for making connections and drawing parallels with life and characters from other books. Also fun for point of view.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
We will read this book a few times this year as a mentor text in writer's workshop, reader's workshop and during character education.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
An interesting chapter book that will have readers asking questions and making connections.


Image result for The Boston Girl  I have also read The Boston Girl, by Anita Diamant.  This is for parents and my high school friends.  It was a quick and easy read.  I enjoyed the story from the narrator's perspective and it was fun to read about Boston in the 1920s.!

3 comments:

  1. what I liked about the first day of school was that there was no stressful work

    your student,
    Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I liked about the first day of school was that there was no stressful work

    your student,
    Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  3. what I liked about the first day of school was that there was no stressful work

    your student,
    Arnav

    ReplyDelete