Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Spotlight on

Many students come back to visit on Open House night.  On Thursday, Anna M. came back to see me! I recognized her right away.  She took this selfie of us because I have trouble taking selfies. :) Anna is a junior at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA.  She is majoring in Art History and minoring in Studio Art.  She has studied in Ireland and is planning on studying in London. When I asked Anna what she remembered or loved the most about 4th grade and she said "You Mrs. Williams!  You made ALL of us want to learn and you made learning fun.  But what I remember most is that you treated us with respect.  It was the first time I ever felt respected by a teacher and I never forgot how good that felt."  
Thanks, Anna.  I am glad that you loved 4th grade and that I helped you love to learn.
 I asked about Anna about her desire to study law because I always thought that she would make a great lawyer. She said that it is still a possibility, she just wants to follow her dreams first.  Anna is truly living the words of Eleanor Roosevelt; "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."  Keep working hard Anna, I STILL believe in YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Wow its must be nice to come back and see your fourth grade teacher still there after so many years it must be a very cool expearence

    ReplyDelete