Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bookworm buzz

Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Not my favorite DWK book, I certainly didn't laugh as much as I have with other books in the series.  Greg is growing up and facing some interesting challenges, most importantly how to be happy on his own.  I think some 4th graders will have a hard time getting through this book as it may not hold interest for many readers as other DWK books have done in the past.


View all my reviews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A great book for those who celebrate Christmas and believe in Santa Claus.  Meeting Patricia Polacco and having her tell me that the end of the story is TRUE, adds to the magic of Christmas and all of its traditions.  Also, hearing her say that this farm is still a magical place for her and her family makes me love the story even more.  Parents of believers should read this book before sharing it with their children. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment