Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Big Bite

The second week of school is under our belt!  Everyone continues to work hard and is settling into the routine and excitement of 4th grade.  In math, we have been working on reading and writing numbers into the millions and other skills related to place value.  In reader's workshop we are still establishing routines and filling book bags.  We are still working on choosing "just right," books and books that make us feel strong as readers. We  have been setting goals for the year in writer's workshop and focusing on writing a complete sentence with a subject and predicate and the correct mechanics.  Creative Arts Friday continued with more work on bio Poems and learning how to use MS Word to type in our poems.  Mrs. Hess had everyone draw a picture based on a sculpture on the art table (pictures to follow).  Ask your child to see their individual art work that went home on Friday.
The FPS music department gave us a demonstration on the instruments available to 4th graders and the forms were in go home folders.We will start learning about the scientific method and basic map skills in the content areas this week.  It will also be our first week of chorus! :)  Click here to watch a video of the teachers performing Pirates of the Caribbean for the students!
I am looking forward to seeing as many parents as possible on  Wednesday, September 11th, for parent orientation.  The first session will begin promptly at 3:00, and the second will begin at 3:30.  Hope to see you there!
Mrs. W

5 comments:

  1. Im so excited for our third week of school I know it will be amazing.
    your student,Shaylagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what the person playing the base is my violin teacher
    You student Manal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the music demonstration. I'm going to play the trumpet!
    Your student,
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the music!That is a very nice picture that you took.I also can't wait for math class again and I am going to do my homework right after I type this comment! YOUR STUDENT, TYLER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear mrs.williams I am going to play the violin!!! I loved the demonstration!!! You are a great teacher!!!!
    Love,lindsey

    ReplyDelete