Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Big Bite

Multiplication and Puff Mobiles were the hot topics in math this week. We talked about multiplication strategies, multiples, basic facts and we played multiplication baseball.  All of the teams finished their Puff Mobiles and are ready for the grade level race next week!




We completed an experiment on plants and soil and built our terrariums!  We had great weather for working outside!  Everyone showed great group skills and there was a great deal of sharing extra plants.  We can't wait for you to see them at Open House next week.









We continued to make progress in reader's and writer's workshop.  We reviewed genre in reading and have been increasing reading stamina.  We are generating ideas for stories in writer's workshop and we spent time analyzing the poem, The Runner, by Walt Whitman, in Poetry Workshop.  In social studies we are working on map skills, specifically exact location as it relates to latitude and longitude.  Next week we will play "Where in the world am I," using degree coordinates.  It will be fun!  I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Open House on Thursday  night at 6:30!


2 comments:

  1. Shay loved the whole terrarium project. From picking out the plants, to getting them in the jar, to sharing the extras with her friends. At home, she loves to get her hands dirty and help in the garden, so this was extra fun for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Williams
    I really liked doing the class terrarium project it was so much fun! I did a terrarium at home I planted parsley I loved doing it. I love the pictures to!! I see myself in 3 pictures!!
    your student
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete