Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Bookworm Buzz



I Have a DreamI Have a Dream by Martin Luther King, Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVE Kadir Nelson and this book is another treasure.  The accompanying CD of Dr. King's speech is an added bonus.  The illustrations are truly amazing and my favorite is of the two hands held together.  Both Mrs. Perry and I GASPED when we got to this page.  This is such a nice addition to our Kadir Nelson collection.


View all my reviews


Little Rock Girl 1957: How a Photograph Changed the Fight for IntegrationLittle Rock Girl 1957: How a Photograph Changed the Fight for Integration by Shelley Tougas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Students interested in the civil rights movement and the integration of schools will enjoy this book.  Also, those interested in photo journalism and using photographs as a means of telling a story will love this book.  I especially liked the "Where are they now," section of the book.  Great non fiction read for students.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment