Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2018

Bookworm Buzz

More books for you to check out!  Let me know what you think, or if you have a question, post to the comment section.  I'm headed back to the beach tomorrow with a stack to read and review.  I am also hoping to read a few books that are just for me. :)

Pass Go and Collect $200: The Real Story of How Monopoly Was InventedPass Go and Collect $200: The Real Story of How Monopoly Was Invented by Tanya Lee Stone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely LOVED this book. Fans of Monopoly will enjoy learning about the history of their favorite game. Don't skip the authors note, so important! Another great story about women in history and women who achieve and persevere. Can't wait to share this one and see what great ideas students come up with for creating their own version of Monopoly as has been done throughout history. Great for class debates as well. The possibilities are endless!


View all my reviews

The Un-Friendship Bracelet (Craftily Ever After)The Un-Friendship Bracelet by Martha Maker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A topic that many students struggle with and need help to navigate successfully. This book offers a great solution that students will understand and give a try.


View all my reviews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Loved it! A nice compliment to my many shark books. Students will enjoy the format and will learn some interesting facts about dolphins.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A nice story of friendship and is a good lesson in how friends come in all shapes and sizes.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Budding scientists will connect to CeCe especially girls. This will compliment Ada Twist and Rosie Revere as books that promote women in STEM.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Great story of friendship and how friends come in all shapes and sizes. I can easily see how it can be read across the curriculum and ussed in writer's workshop.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
All are welcome! Great to see diverse characters in the school setting. Many students will be able to connect to the classroom that is illustrated in this story of the importance of establishing a positive and welcoming classroom environment. Hoping this will be an all school read during the first week of school; hint, hint Mrs. Richards.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
An important life lesson for all of us. A great resource for parents who struggle with how to talk about deatha nd funerals with their children.



No comments:

Post a Comment