Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Bookworm Buzz

Here are my final posts for the summer, but don't worry, there will be plenty more during the school year! -Mrs. A
Be KindBe Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love, love, love this book! A must read on Day 1! So much to talk about and relate to as human beings.


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Fun, fun, fun! Great for talking about perspective and walking in someine else's shoes. Students will love the characters and see them in an interesting light. Can't wait to share this one!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A good story for perspective and walking in someone else's shoes. Much to discuss with this story and how the character changes over time.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Powerful story of Fannie Loe Hamer, Civil Rights Hero, told in free verse. Amazing illustrations, author's note and timeline.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Powerful story, amazing illustrations. Many talk worthy discussions possible with opportunities for student led action in their own community or globally.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Great for persepctive and social/emotional curriculum. Students will enjoy debating the advantages/disadvantages of being different items of cutlery. Is is REALLY best to be the Spoon?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Love, love, love, Phoebe! Great lessons on friendship and imagination. Mrs. Richards, we need this series!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Funny and fun! Are they REALLY bad guys? Love the characters. A msut have for middle grade classroom libraries.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Love the diverse characters and their unique adventure. Friendship and the theme of "Don't be afrarid to try new things." Mrs. Richards, we need this series.


The Golden GlowThe Golden Glow by Benjamin Flouw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great story about curiosity and "leave no trace." Loved the many different characters.


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Story about team work, perseverance and remembering to take a deep breath.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Great lesson on learning to let go and making new friends. Love the setting and the characters. Great to see the diversity! 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Just for fun.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Great introduction to coding basics. Love the characters. 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Love, love, love this book! The message, diverse characters and author's note will capture readers. We need to get this one, Mrs. Richards!


No comments:

Post a Comment