Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue: An Origami Yoda Book (Origami Yoda #5)Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue: An Origami Yoda Book by Tom Angleberger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this installment in the The Strange Case of Origami Yoda series.  It was interesting to see Principal Raabbski take a lead role in the story and the ending was PERFECT!!!  It is important to read all of the books in this series in order for the story to make sense.  Fans of this series will enjoy this book.


View all my reviews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The letter of introduction from Cokie Roberts sets the author's purpose for this historical picture book about women during the revolution.  The illustrator did much research to get the pictures/signatures just right.  This book will be helpful when looking for short texts.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I LOVED this book.  There are many reading, word study, and writing mini lessons possible with this book and it is FUNNY!  The pictures are pretty cool too!  I think everyone will be ab;e to connect with this book on some level!  :)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This French folktale will make a nice addition to our text set when we study Canada.  Students will be able to use technology to research the original tale and then make text to text connections between the two versions.  I anticipate many questions with this book so it would be a good book to use with the launching unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment