Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

  There have been 22 days of summer vacation and I have read  37 books* so far (I will be posting some new reviews shortly so see above post).  I am trying to do the Book-A-Day Challenge . Here is a summary of the rules posted by Donalyn Miller on May 18th, 2014 via Nerdy Book Club:

The yearly Book-a-Day challenge invites readers to reconnect with daily reading, discover new books and new reading friends, and celebrate our reading lives. During Book-a-Day, readers strive to read one book for every day of their summer vacations.
This challenge began as a public commitment to read all summer and share books with other readers.  I’ve met many treasured friends during our yearly Book-a-Day events—including my dear friend, Colby Sharp. Mini Book-a-Day events pop up during spring and winter breaks, and literacy gurus like Teri Lesesne post book titles under the #bookaday hashtag all year.
That series you never finished? Those novels you borrowed from a friend two months ago? That sliding stack of picture books you need to read? Don’t you have books that are calling you, too? Please join me for the 6th annual Book-a-Day challenge.
The rules (more guidelines, really) are simple:
  • You set your own start date and end date.
  • Read one book per day for each day of summer vacation. This is an average, so if you read three books in one day (I know you’ve done this!) and none the next two, it still counts.
  • Any book qualifies including picture books, nonfiction, professional books, audio books, graphic novels, poetry anthologies, or fiction—children’s, youth, or adult titles.
  • Keep a list of the books you read and share them often via a social networking site like goodreads or Twitter (post using the #bookaday hashtag), a blog, or Facebook page. You do not have to post reviews, but you can if you wish. Titles will do.
Don't forget to take advantage of your local library!  I have and am having a great time finding books, ordering books and sharing books.  Keep up and you'll be kept up!
* 2 of my the 35 books were comic books for adults and I did not add them to my Goodreads list, but they count and I loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment