Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Bookworm Buzz

It was a great week for picture book biographies, the phenomenal Patricia Polaco, poetry and some silly reads too!  Enjoy. :)
Holes in the SkyHoles in the Sky by Patricia Polacco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely amazing! Friendship, love, loss, and all good things. Mrs. Richards is going to have to get this one for the book room!


View all my reviews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Absolutely loved it!!! Great example of perseverance and will be inspiring to many!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really loved how this story examines Frida Kahlo and her animals throughout her life. Students will enjoy Frida's life story and animal lovers will find a new reason to be inspired to paint their furry friends!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed it! Great to use with students to talk about the power of books and a love of reading.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
An important read for all. High School and Middle School friends will find even more avenues to pursue while reading this book about Arturo Schomburg. Loved the illustrations!!!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Inspirational, great for building community. Student-artits will love this one!

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Enjoyed the beginning, characters that students can relate to, surprised with the ending.


Yellow KayakYellow Kayak by Nina Laden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Poetry, great illustrations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment