Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Bookworm Buzz-Special Edition

Here is an update on my Caldecott Challenge so far.  I almost done with the 1930s, 1940s and 2010s but am only posting through 1944.  You can find all of my reviews on Goodreads or click on the Goodreads gadget to the right.  I will definitely need to spend a day at the Boston Public Library to read a few of the books from the 1940s which are in storage.  In addition, I have a few chapter books that I am reading and will share them as soon as they are done.  What have you been reading?  Leave a comment and let me know.  If you like one of the Caldecott books that I review, check it out of the library, but be prepared to have to order it, some are not easy to find.
Animals of the Bible: A Picture BookAnimals of the Bible: A Picture Book by Dorothy P. Lathrop
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The first Caldecott winner ever!


View all my reviews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Interesting. Need to read it with an open mind and an awareness of the year 1939.

Andy and the LionAndy and the Lion by James Daugherty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved the dedication, loved the story!


View all my reviews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Love, love, love.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Interesting, need to remember that it was 1941.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Cute, need to remember that it was 1941.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Love that a novel in verse was picked in 1942.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Interesting fantasy, will appeal to many readers.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
1942 Caldecott winner. A beautiful story with beautiful pictures. A winner in 1942 and a winner now. So many talk worthy discussions here. 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Cute, beautiful pictures

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Clever, very clever.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Beautiful illustrations

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Beautiful illustrations.




No comments:

Post a Comment