Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bookworm Buzz

Here are some reviews from my Blizzard reading, enjoy!
Malala, a Brave Girl from Pakistan/Iqbal, a Brave Boy from PakistanMalala, a Brave Girl from Pakistan/Iqbal, a Brave Boy from Pakistan by Jeanette Winter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great addition to a text set on bravery and children who are heroes.


Henry Holton Takes the IceHenry Holton Takes the Ice by Sandra  Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great "don't be afraid to be yourself," book and message.  Hockey fans will love and appreciate Henry's story, as well as moms and dads.


View all my reviews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Never be afraid to be yourself.  Frances Dean learns this important message by Birgitta Sif. :)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I loved this story about how things sometimes get "messed up," in life and how it is helpful if we just learn to let it go. :) The art is pretty cool, too!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
An interesting twist on a familiar story.  Great for point of view and author's voice/craft.  Masterful pictures. 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Incredible art and illustrations.  Students will enjoy taking time to examine each page and discovery all of the different elements presented.  A great lesson on how sometimes a story can get out of hand quickly, especially if you don't set the facts straight from the beginning.  The ending will leave some students wondering about what happens at school the next day.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Everyone is an artist and this book proves just that.  Students who are reluctant to experience art because they aren't "good at it," will enjoy the message of this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment