Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Big Bite

It was another 4 day week, but we packed a lot into our time together!  We finished our unit on Fractions and started a new unit on measurement.  We will be participating in five days of math fun next week with all of the other 4th graders.  On Friday, everyone will participate in the first annual Measurement Olympics.  Please keep sending in shoe boxes, each team will need a pair of "speed skates," for Friday's event.  Thanks to everyone who has sent in boxes so far.
We continued preparing for ELA MCAS and making progress in our interactive read aloud, Snow Treasure.  We are LOVING the use of the chapter end cliff hanger as a literary technique. We have almost finished the drafts of our essays and will begin putting them together next week.  Our word study has been all about how to use a dictionary, a real dictionary, not dictionary.com.  This has been an interesting experience for everyone.  
We began our travels around the Northeast region and will learn about  natural resources next week.  We even played USA Bingo which was a lot of fun.  On Tuesday of the upcoming week, there will be a quiz on humidity, the water cycle and precipitation.  Then we will learn about wind and clouds.
On Friday, after our Measurement Olympics, we will celebrate Valentine's Day with 'Party in a Bag."  The students are invited to create Valentine's for their classmates, but are not required to do so.
This Sunday is National Bagel Day.  Click here to learn more about this fun holiday.
The surveys have been going so well!  Click here to complete this week's survey.  Have fun!
Have a great weekend,
Mrs. Williams

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Williams,
    I clicked on the link to learn more about National Bagel Day I liked it a lot. I have not decided if I am going to do valentines or not for people. I think me and my team are going to have a great time during the Measurement Olympics. Me and my team decided that we are going to wear red and white for Canada. I think I will learn a lot during the Measurement Olympics. I can't wait until it starts.
    Your student Tyler

    ReplyDelete