Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Juicy Nibble

We learned about the California Gold Rush this week and even had the opportunity to mine for gems ourselves.  What was it like to mine for gems?  Were you excited or nervous?  What were the conditions like for mining and how did they compare to the conditions the original '49ers faced?  What did it feel like when you found a gem?  Leave a comment describing your mining experience.  Follow the directions in the "How to leave a comment," gadget on the left if you need help leaving  the comment.  I can't wait to hear from you!
Mrs. Williams

4 comments:

  1. I loved finding all my gems!
    I had rose quartz, adventurine and many other
    pretty gems.
    Your student,Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna!
    You did a great job mining yesterday!:) I am so glad that you are posting to our blog-keep it up!
    Mrs. W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt excited finding my first gem because I heard so many people talk about how many gems they found.In the end I found a lot of gems!

    Your Student
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great time mining and found lots of gems including Sodalite Obsidian and Emerald. My favorite part was finding out the miners were the first people to wear jeans and that the rivets on jeans were originally used for holding tools.
    Your student, Will

    ReplyDelete