Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bookworm Buzz



BluebirdBluebird by Bob Staake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of the most amazing picture books I have read in a long time.  There is so much going on in this wordless book, the lessons are endless.  I know that we will be having many talk worthy discussions about this book.  Caldecott, maybe? It is a front runner for sure. :)


View all my reviews
Vader's Little PrincessVader's Little Princess by Jeffrey Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book.  What a great way to show point of view and the many sides to a character.  A must read for all Star Wars fans, both young and not as young.  So many great pictures, I can't pick a favorite.  This will certainly be a book that I read again and again. :)


View all my reviews
Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain: Lunch Lady #9Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain: Lunch Lady #9 by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another installment in the Lunch lady series.  Not my favorite, but I do like the way Krosczka brings in characters from previous novels and leaves the reader hanging off a cliff at the end.  I do want to see what will happen to Lunch Lady in the next book.


View all my reviews
ThunderstormsThunderstorms by Chana Stiefel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great non fiction read to accompany our wild weather unit.  Many fun text features. I really enjoyed the connections to tornadoes.  Students will find some interesting facts about wild weather in this book.


View all my reviews

Lunch Money: And Other Poems About SchoolLunch Money: And Other Poems About School by Carol Diggory Shields
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun book of poems about school.  I'm sure we will use it as a mentor text.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment