Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Bookworm Buzz




The One and Only IvanThe One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mrs. Merten told me that I needed to read this book and I finally did.  As usual, I am wondering what took me so long?  I loved the relationships between the characters and the portrayal of the humans.  This isn't a story just about animals, there are so many lessons to learn.  Mrs. Richards is going to have to get a class set of this awesome book!


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Way to go Sara Pennypacker! This is truly a story of friendship and unconditional love.  I found myself cheering for the characters despite some of the unfortunate choices that they made and really hoping for a happy ending.  There are so many talk worthy discussion points in this book and I know that readers will be talking about this book for a long time!  Mrs. Richards is going to have to get us several copies of this one too! 



Extreme Babymouse (Babymouse, #17)Extreme Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Babymouse is at it again, but she is growing up.  I think readers will connect with her need to fit in, but not at any cost.  She learns to be happy with herself and that makes me love this character even more than I did before!  Maybe she has taken up yoga?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment