Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bookworm Buzz


Little Dog, LostLittle Dog, Lost by Marion Dane Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book and it is just right for 4th graders.  The story is told from the point of view of Mark, a boy who desperately wants a dog, but his mother keeps telling him that he cannot have one. I could relate to Mark because my son really wants a dog, but I also can relate to the mom, and her reasons for NOT wanting a dog.  The story is written in verse, so it reads like a poem, and is full of great imagery and descriptive language.  I liked the way the author brought other characters into the story, especially the neighbor, and had all of the characters connect in the end.  This book will make a great addition to our poetry collection.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment