Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Bookworm Buzz


Belly UpBelly Up by Stuart Gibbs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you love animals, zoos and mysteries, Belly Up is just the book for you!  I REALLY enjoyed this book and I am NOT an animal lover.  This book has been sitting on my to read shelf for a few months and I just didn't pick it up.  What was I waiting for?  Belly Up would be a bit of a challenge for fall 4th graders, but just right for spring 4th graders and my middle school friends. However, it would be a great read aloud for younger audiences as well.  My niece, who is going into 1st grade, LOVED listening to me "book talk," this story and will be getting my sister to read it to her. I enjoyed the way Stuart Gibbs started right off with action and suspense and managed to weave these two elements into the entire story right until the end.  I also enjoyed all of the factual information about animals, especially Hippos, that was woven into the story. Well done Mr. Gibbs, you just may make an animal lover out of me yet!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment