Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bookworm Buzz Special Edition


Liv has been reading quite a few books so far this summer.  These books will appeal to my high school friends. Check out a few of her reviews below.
The Heretic QueenThe Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Heretic Queen was the second of Michelle Moran's books I read recently. It was different that Cleopatra's Daughter in the sense that it was definitely for a more mature audience. However, Moran threw in several plot twists that kept me turning pages. I can't wait for Michelle Moran's next book to come out in August!


View all my reviews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
On the ride down to Jersey, I read Smart Girls Get What They Want. The best part of this book was the ending, because it had my favorite kind of ending, which was similar to the ending of Cleopatra's Daughter. I found that the characters were somewhat relatable, and so I really enjoyed reading about their adventures. This book stayed with me for a few days, as I kept re-reading the ending. 



A Midsummer Tights Dream (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #2)A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An intriguing sequel to Withering Tights, A Midsummer Tights Dream kept me turning pages. I re read Withering Tights before starting A Midsummer Tights Dream so that I would be familiar with the characters and the plot.  I really enjoy the recurring theme of tights in the titles.  My high school is very different from Tallulah's, it's more traditional, so I enjoy reading about life at other schools.  I can't wait to see what happens to Tallulah in Ms. Rennison's next book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment