Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2018

Juicy Nibble

Here is the poem that I wrote and recited for the children at the Coffeehouse on Tuesday!

I Remember

In the fall, I remember when you came to the fourth grade
Scared and smiling, some somber and some sweet, some sweating!
Hoping that this would be a great year
You made new friends, you reviewed old skills
And started the journey to being the fourth grade you

In late fall, I remember you settling in to the fourth grade
Happy and hopeful, some hilarious and some hiccups, some harried!
You were discovering and embracing the fourth grade you

In the winter I remember you hitting your stride in the fourth grade
Wondering and wonderful, some wishful and some witty, some wacky!
you became comfortable with the fourth grade you
In the spring, I remember you being established in the fourth grade
Creative and carefree, some confident and some casual, some crazy!
Though you were starting to become restless with the fourth grade you

Now it is almost summer and I see you as accomplished in the fourth grade
Excited and eager, some enthusiastic and some feeling edgy, all extraordinary and exceptional
You are ready to say goodbye to the fourth grade you and begin a new journey,
The Fantastic, fascinating, fun fifth grader

And I will always remember you!

No comments:

Post a Comment