Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Spotlight



This week's spotlight is about "Friendship."  Lifetime friendships in fact.  When you find a true friend, hold onto them, they are more valuable than gold.  My best friend from kindergarten, Darcy Proper(we met on the first day, she was the tallest girl in the class and I was the smallest),  has been nominated for her 8th Grammy award for the surround sound on the album Sixteen Sunsets. Darcy is the Surround Mastering Engineer which means that she is a computer scientist who works in the music industry.  Her job is very cool because she gets to meet musicians from all around the world!  She will be in Los Angeles this weekend to attend the ceremony.  If successful, it will be her 4th Grammy!  Music and science were very important to us growing up, as was soccer and shopping!  We had many, many things in common and are still friends to this day.  I will be watching the ceremony on line tomorrow afternoon, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for her.  When she won last year, she texted me fro the ceremony to say "I WON!"  It was so exciting.  Here is a picture of us just last year.  I am glad to have had such a good friend for such a long time.


1 comment:

  1. I think its so cool that your friend could win her fourth Grammy.
    You and her family must be so proud of her.(: (: (: (:

    ReplyDelete