Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bookworm Buzz


I Wish I Were a ButterflyI Wish I Were a Butterfly by James Howe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great lessons here, an oldie but goodie. The possibilities are endless1


View all my reviews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Great mentor text for writing fiction; write an adventure for Louise! Students will love this one!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great non fiction picture book that details the events before Mrs. Parks said "no." Great mentor text for narrative non fiction.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great mentor text, historical fiction.  Author's craft and voice will make a strong impression on readers in addition to the fact page and website.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A great life lesson wrapped up in poetry.  Rhyme, alliteration, you name it, this is a great mentor text across the curriculum.  Readers will discover something new with each read!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The reverso poem was fun to read, and a bit challenging.  I really needed to slow down and take my time to fully comprehend the poems.  I can't wait to try this poetic form in poetry workshop and this book IS the mentor text.  I'm sure students will have great ideas for how to create their own reverso poems.




No comments:

Post a Comment