Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bookworm Buzz

For Good Measure: The Ways We Say How Much, How Far, How Heavy, How Big, How OldFor Good Measure: The Ways We Say How Much, How Far, How Heavy, How Big, How Old by Ken Robbins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great non fiction picture book about measurement and the origins of measurement vocabulary.  The photos are fantastic!  This book will be used many times throughout the school year.


View all my reviews

Middle School - How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake HillMiddle School - How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill by Chris Tebbetts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rafe has to deal with even more bullies in the latest installment of this series.  I'm not sure the adults are accurately portrayed and am a bit concerned about what students will think of them.  I enjoy the Rafe character, but am hoping for some different adventures in future books.


View all my reviews

Middle School: My Brother Is a Big, Fat Liar (Middle School, #3)Middle School: My Brother Is a Big, Fat Liar by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Interesting to hear from Georgia, Rafe's sister, and her point of view.  i didn't think the portrayal of teachers was accurate and even hurtful. There were some interesting plot twists which helped the plot, but only if you are already familiar with the series and the Rafe character.  Wait until middle school to start this series.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Dear mrs.Williams
    The first two days of school have been a blast I am looking forward to having you as my teacher for the rest of the year!!!!!

    Your student,Shaylagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first day of school was a blast and when herd that you give candy I filled up with joy.The rest of my school year will be the best.
    Your student Manal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Williams it is awesome to be your student because I think you are the best teacher in the whole world.I can't wait to do the project puff mobile, I am so excited this year.

    your student,

    Nicholas

    ReplyDelete