Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Bookworm Buzz


Lincoln's Last Days: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America ForeverLincoln's Last Days: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reilly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this young adult version of Bill O'Reilly's adult bestseller, Killing Lincoln.  There is SO much here that will appeal to many elementary and middle/high school students.  I really liked the way the story was organized, with information about the Civil War prior to Lincoln's assassination, the day/hour/minutes leading up to, during and after the attack on Lincoln, and the pursuit of his killer.  The organization of characters and all of the extra information will make this book very popular with Lincoln enthusiasts and new readers of the Civil War era.  This book is a bit of a challenge for 4th graders right now, but if you find someone who has read it, and you can talk about it with them, give it a shot, I know you won't be disappointed! I would love to talk about it with you! :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment