Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

A Big Bite

The first week of school was really fun!  We got to know each other and learned what 4th grade would be like.  We started  geometry in math and began reader's and writer's workshop.  We  played "Negative Comment Freeze Tag," read Ish by Peter Reynolds, and agreed never to say "I can't," again. We even retired a jersey for "I can't."  We learned that we could say, I'm having trouble, I need help, this is hard for me and many other ways to say "I can't," that are more positive!  We have begun our year long yoga practice. We learned how to breathe deeply, and three poses!  We read  The Gingerbread Man  Loose in the School by Laura Murray.  We colored our own gingerbread men and will be taking them to our specials.  Friday is going to be creative arts day!  Today we had poetry workshop, art and chorus. We are excited to have technology with Mrs. Merten every Friday. We were treated to an instrument demonstration by the Franklin Music Department. Here is a video of the demonstration:

We can learn to play strings or another instrument.  Our first week was great and we can't wait until next week!
By,
Megan and Mrs. Williams

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Williams,
    I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I love 4th grade! You are so nice! You are the best teacher!
    Your student, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete