Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

At the Core

December 4, 2009

Dear Parents,

I cannot believe that the holidays are only three weeks away! Many people told me that time would fly once I had children of my own, and truer words were never spoken! Don and I don’t even remember what we did with all of our time before Livi and Luke came along.
I believe, as many people do, that the holidays are about the “spirit of giving.” Don and I are working on teaching our children that it is better to give than to receive, which is easier said than done sometimes. I know too, that children like to give their teacher a gift at holiday time. I always appreciate everything that the children give to me, but please know that I don’t expect anything. My favorite gifts of all are donations that the children make to a food pantry or charity on my behalf, and then make a card to let me know what they have done. It is wonderful to see the look in their eyes and hear the joy in their voices when they explain how they felt about helping those that are less fortunate than they are. I cherish these moments with them!
One of my favorite charities is the New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund. My father and grandfather are retired NYC firemen and my brother is currently a police officer in Brooklyn. Firemen and policemen hold a special place in my heart.
I hope that you will enjoy your holidays, and all of the preparations that go into making this a wonderful and exciting time of the year. Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,


Ann Williams
New York Police and Fire Widows'and Children's Benefit Fund
767 Fifth Avenue; 2614BNew York, New York 10153Office: 212.735.4505Fax: 212.310.8808
info@answerthecall.org

No comments:

Post a Comment