Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2022

A Big Bite-Graduation Edition

For many years, I have attended Franklin High School Graduation.  I head to the cafeteria to see the Seniors, my former 4th graders, to take a picture with them and find out their plans for the future before they walk into the gymnasium.  Then, on Friday night, while they are enjoying the all night party, I post the pictures to the blog.  This has been one of the highlights of my career; getting to see my students, all grown up and heading out into the world to blaze new paths and make their mark.  This year, I decided to see if they would like to come to JFK to see me BEFORE graduation; visit their old classroom, collect their "I can't," letter (which I still had, of course!) and fill me in on their future plans.  I emailed as many of them as I could track down and asked them to create a slideshow for me to share, just like I would  any other year. This year's Senior class is one of the BEST!!! They were one of the NICEST groups of people I have ever had and I will NEVER FORGET THEM. To prove how wonderful they are, they will all be wearing maroon ribbons to honor the children and teachers who lost their lives to gun violence in Uvalde last week.  They understand humanity and our world will be better because of them, I just know it.

Five of them were able to come to JFK today and they were just as incredible as I remember them.  They are smart and kind and funny.  They even let my current fourth graders interview them for our classroom newspaper AND they gave them some life advice (see videos in the post below).  They GET IT!!!! They told the children to: stay happy, don't sweat the small stuff, ask for help when you need it, don't forget your friends, play outside, ride your bike, remember all of the good times and most importantly,  STAY TRUE TO YOU!!!!! Thank you Abhiram, Nathan, Cailyn, Madison and James; today was one of the best days of my teaching career ever and it was all because of you! 💓  Let me know if I have left out any of your "hardware," in the pictures below. 😎


Abhiram brought me flowers and chocolate!  As Vice President of the Senior Class he will make the welcome address at Graduation tonight. Abhriam wore all of his bling; National Honor Society, Top 5 % of the class, Spanish National Honor Society, Science Honor Society and Tri M Honor Society. He also had his Eagle Scout Pin.


Nathan wore all of his bling; National Honor Society, Top 5 % of the class, Spanish National Honor Society Tri M Honor Society and Decca.

Madison left her bling at home.  She has National Honor Society, Decca and Spanish National  Honor Society hardware.

Cailyn left her bling at home too.  She has National Honor Society, Decca, Empty Bowls and many pins for being a Captain and a record setting athlete as hardware for tonight.


James joined us a bit later.  James didn't have his bling with him but he is a member of the National Honor Society in addition to other honors. He played football for two years and lacrosse for 4 years.  I know he played one more sport and I think it was track and field.  I know he'll let me know. 😉


Some of my former students have stayed in Franklin but many have moved on.  These incredible JFK Ladybugs are going to do so many amazing things with their lives; there are going to be doctors, artists, engineers, business people, and scientists. Some of them are still deciding what they are going to do with their lives and that is OKAY!! It is difficult to know what you want to do EXACTLY with your life when you are 17 or 18.  They will figure it out, I know, because they are hard working, determined and special human beings.  Go forth Ladybugs, be happy, live in peace, stay safe, follow your dreams and make yourselves proud.  I'm already so very, very proud of you. 

Love,

Mrs. Williams

Last day of fourth grade-2014



Super job, Angie!

So proud of you, James!


Well done, Tyler!

Absolutely amazing, Abhiram!

Way to go, Cailyn!

Woohoo, Lindsey!

Simply wonderful, Madison!

Absolutely incredible, Erin!

Fantastic, Nathan!



No comments:

Post a Comment