Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Bookworm Buzz-Caldecott Edition

Image result for caldecott badge 
I have decided to take up the Caldecott Reading Challenge!  This is a reading challenge that is low stress and fun!  My goal is to read ALL of the Caldecott winners and Honor books since the Medal was first awarded in 1938!  I was inspired by Laura Given a librarian and blogger.  You can learn more about Laura and the Caldecott Reading Challenge by clicking here.  I have been having so much fun ordering books from the library and waiting for them to arrive.  I love it when I see an email that says "hold notification," in my in box. I will be posting my reviews on Goodreads and here under a new title called "Bookworm Buzz-Caldecott Edition."  I will only be posting new reviews, so for books that I have already read, search my Goodreads reviews or search in the Bookworm Buzz archives.
 I am planning a trip to the Boston Public Library one rainy day this summer to sit and read some of the books on the list.  Who knows, I may even take the train to NYC and go the NY Public Library and read there too.  It is possible for visitors to get a temporary library card at the NYPL and this sounds just like the type of adventure I would love to go on.  I just may have to bring Mrs. Merten with me!
My plan is to read all of the Medal books first and then the honor books, which will be close to 400 books! Of the 78 Medal books, I have read 21 so far and 34 of the 300+  honor books.   I have a way to go, but, this is a low stress challenge and if I can finish by the end of the summer, I will be happy!  A student asked me "What do you get when you are done?"  Well, I can put a cool badge on my blog but really, as I told my students, "Reading can be so much fun and I want to do this for fun!"  What are your reading goals?  I hope that they are fun!
Happy reading!
Mrs. Williams
P.S. At the Boston Public Library TODAY!!!!!! Now this sounds like fun!  The illustrator will be there!!!!!

Make Way for Ducklings

Saturday, May 7, 2 p.m.
Children’s Library, Central Library

May7ducks
In celebration of the 75th anniversary of Make Way for Ducklings, Robert McCloskey’s daughter Sal and illustrator Paul O. Zelinsky read and discuss the beloved, perennial classic.

Reviews from last week:  Challenge begun on Saturday, April 30, 2016
The Little HouseThe Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

1942 Caldecott winner. A beautiful story with beautiful pictures. A winner in 1942 and a winner now. So many talk worthy discussions here.


View all my reviews
Image result for white snow bright snow
1947 Caldecott winner.   Such a nice story and of course, the pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment