Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bookworm Buzz

Saturday, February 7, 2015, is "Take your Child to the Library Day."    I hope you have an opportunity to make a visit to the Franklin library on "Take your child to the library day," or sometime soon.  There is so much to learn and do at the library. :) Here are some of my latest finds at my local library.
Give and TakeGive and Take by Chris Raschka
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! The message is so powerful that it will be a great addition to upper elementary classrooms and MS/HS classrooms.  I can see how this book will also find a place in my yoga classes.  Readers of all ages will be able to connect to this book and will leave you with some talk worthy discussions.  Mrs. Richards is going to have to get this one too!


View all my reviews

Little Elliot, Big CityLittle Elliot, Big City by Mike Curato
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A great addition to a text set on friendship and character education.  There are many messages in this book and topics that all readers can connect with on some level.  Mrs. Richards is going to have to get this one for us!


View all my reviews

Flo & Wendell ExploreFlo & Wendell Explore by William Wegman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun story about camping and teamwork.  Students will love the use of dogs as main characters and the art is amazing!


View all my reviews

Pirate, Viking & ScientistPirate, Viking & Scientist by Jared Chapman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great mentor text that is cross curricular; science and character education.  The art is very appealing to elementary students and fun!


View all my reviews

Mister Horizontal & Miss VerticalMister Horizontal & Miss Vertical by Noémie  Révah
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A fun way to teach the words horizontal and vertical.  Great text to world connections and the art is fantastic!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment