Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Bookworm Buzz

My 499th post is all about books and I think that is just PERFECT!!  I have been back to the library and found some great chapter books and picture books to share with all of you. Remember, you can use your library card to put books on hold or to dwonload books onto your tablet.  Let me know if you try this and how it went.  I am going to finish my day with Amulet #6.  I might do some housework too! :)
Home Sweet Horror (Scary Tales 1)Home Sweet Horror by James Preller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Students looking for a scary story will enjoy this tale about Bloody Mary. :)


View all my reviews
Class Pets (Missy's Super Duper Royal Deluxe, #2)Class Pets by Susan Nees
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perfect for fall graders looking to build stamina and connect to a story.


View all my reviews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Missy's adventures continue in this story about a class field trip.  I love Missy's friend Oscar, they will be friends forever. :)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Another great series book about 4th graders that 4th graders can relate to. This is the second book in the series, I have to get the first one and find out how it all started. A great book to improve reading stamina and make connections.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved everything about this book, the text, the illustrations, the afterword.  What a great way to introduce students to a musical biography and The Rolling Stones.  A great mentor text in MANY ways.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Good mentor text for early readers.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Great mentor text for teaching prepositions.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A fun way to introduce basic shapes to younger shapes.  A great addition to the math books collection.  Young readers will laugh at Moose and Zebra while learning about simple shapes.

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
An interesting folktale, not my cup of tea, but some readers will enjoy this tale.

  This book is just for fun, click here to read all about it.  I really enjoyed it, and it will make you laugh, especially if you like sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment