Kennedy Landing Page

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

At the Core

Dear Parents,
It is wonderful to see the children so excited about reading! They are sharing books with each other and talking about their reading more and more each day. Some children have donated "finished" books to the classroom library. THANKS!!!! Some children would like to "lend" books to our class for the year. I have established a bucket for the "to lend" books, but please be aware that I cannot guarantee that these books will be returned in the same condition, or even at all, in June. I will not be replacing any books that are lost or damaged. We have discussed this as a class and everyone has agreed that there is a risk to "lending" a book, and understands the consequences if something should happen to a particular book. It is a tough lesson to learn, and I am reminded of it personally every year. Just today, I went looking for two books that I knew I had, only to find that they had not been returned last year. I just wanted all of you to know where I stand on the "lending" issue, and if you are at all concerned about your child's books, please do not allow them to share them with the class.
Thanks!
Mrs. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment